Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sources of Inspiration

For this gluten free blog, I wasn't sure where to begin with my sources of inspiration. I mean, I have celiac disease and have to be gluten free, but what inspires me to write this blog? What inspires me to choose the colors and font? Then I looked around and really focused. I realized that my sources are all around me.





The first is a cutting board, which is my background. Whenever I make food, I use some type of cutting board to put the food onto. I never realized what an inspiring symbol a cutting board can be. It allows you to be an artist and create your own food. You get to choose what to put and what to eat; you don't have to worry about buying a certain type of food to satisfy your diet. Here, you are your own chef and you are able to make your own dietary food. You are the master of your own life, just with a cutting board. 



For the color choice, I noticed that I always try to make my food colorful. Eating gluten free might not be the best, fun experience in the world, but adding color to my food makes it my own. And, I like to think it makes it more appealing to others if the food is colorful. Then they will look past the fact that it isn't "regular people food"; its just simply gluten free. Therefore, I chose a purple font for my blog to make things colorful and draw people's attention.


 The reason I made my font this way is because whenever I see a box of gluten free items, the typography is always quite simple. It doesn't need to be fancy or decorative; simple and sweet makes it appealing. Therefore, I chose this font due to it's simple nature and it was my favorite choice. 

Sources of inspiration come from all around us. You just have to stop, take a deep breath and look around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment